Friday, June 23, 2006

Is it 5 o'clock yet?

Is it just me or has this week been a doozy? I am beat. Of course some of my fatigue is the direct result of staying at Hugo's birthday party last night, but I'll get to that. So today I'm going to drop random thoughts as they come. Allow me to apologize in advance for any all-over-the-mapness that may occur, but cut me some slack, will ya? I'm tired, the boss is working from home, and I actually have to do some work today, so eat me.


We can't bear to watch either.

  • Going, going, Ghana. Um, go England? At least no one here was watching. But still, what the hell happened to the US in the World Cup? We looked pathetic. I mean, on some level, it's kind of a sweet poetic justice that we bowed out by losing to a small West African nation of 22 million people. I'm seriously pumped for them - I mean, it's Ghana, right? And with all due respect, well, let's just say there's not a lot of talk out there about "living the Ghanian Dream" - know what I'm sayin'? So this is probably pretty cool for them. I bet they were dancin' in the streets of Accra last night. Well played, Ghana.

    So this pretty much opens things up for me. I've always been a fan of England, probably because of all the World Cup games I've watched over the years, I've watched most of them from England or with English peeps. There's that whole common language thing, too. It's too bad Becks is getting old because back in the day he was money. He's still got it, but you can see that this is probably his last Cup. Also, his wife's bad plastic surgery freaks me out. In fact, it freaks me out more than I like Becks, so while I'll cheer for England, they're not my number one favorite this time 'round.

    These guys are, for reasons I should not have to explain to those who know me. And yes, obviously, I'm going for points with the girlfriend here. Boo Yah!

  • There was an article last summer in the New York Times (I think) that posited that Philadelphia, being only 80 miles away, qualified as the "Sixth Borough" of New York City. Obviously, that's crap, but I suppose it's craptastic enough to peak some interest. And when I say "some interest" I actually mean an ad campaign dreamed up by a bunch of ad school (ad school?) students that points out NYC's shortcomings and how much better life is in Philly. Yeah, right. But anyway, this one's my favorite, simply because it's true. Check out the rest of the campaign here. You've gotta love the crack about Ethan Hawke.

Verily, where is the love?



Run Forrest! To the freakin' hair salon!!
It's all about the hair, people.

  • The forecast here in NYC is for humidity and summer showers this weekend so I might drag myself to finally see the Da Vinci Code if for no other reason that to get a good, long look at Tom Hanks' Hair. Check out this brilliant post I read a while back that follows the career of Tom's hair, grading it on a movie by movie basis. Obviously, the career defining performance for Tom Hanks' Hair was in Forrest Gump.

  • I referenced Hugo's birthday party last night, but according to the girlfriend (who's generally in charge of, well, pretty much everything) his actual birthday is today. So from all of us here at Pedro's NYC, Happy Birthday Hugo!


    Now Hugo, about the party. First, it was great. I had a ball, I stayed out too late, I'm feeling the love this morning, etc. But seriously, man, two words: AIR. CONDITIONING. This is actually not new technology and I can say with almost 100% certainty that this technology is available even to you hipsters on the Lower East Side. Seriously? I haven't sweat like that since the day after the last time I went out with Lerner!

  • One other thing about last night was that Chris told me that he's got his mother and aunt reading my stuff. I gotta tell you, if it's true, well I'm flattered but way more than a little bit embarrassed and don't make me explain why. Again, if this is true then I hope you enjoy it. I hope that some of the more offensive things I've said here won't cause you to uninvite me to the River or anything. Seriously, I told Chris that I'd have to clean up my act and he told me in no uncertain terms that I was forbidden from doing any such thing. So here I am, and, I guess things will more or less stay the same. So welcome to the Wild Goose Peeps. *Big Wave Hello*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Darlng, I am very glad you are sticking with the right team... Tonight will be big!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home