Thursday, June 29, 2006

Transformers technology

Recently I became aware of some awesome footage related to the new Transformers film that is currently in production. Check it out on youtube here: Transformation.

The first time I saw it I watched it like ten times in a row. It’s awesome. The sound and overall reality of it is outstanding. Can you imagine Manhattan with a bunch of these mofos running around trying to blow each other up? So best! This movie clearly has Must See potential. It looks like the current target date for release is for July 4, 2007 so we’ve quite a wait but I must say that we here at Pedro's NYC are all a-twitter about this film which is odd because I was never a big fan of the transformers when I was younger. Of course, they came on and were huge when I was at boarding school so I had no tv access which may have contributed to my lack of transformer-love (not to be confused with tranny-love, obvs) but the past is past and it's all about next summer's blockbuster!

Also, it has been reported that this clip was not actually leaked from Industrial Light & Magic as was originally reported. Still, it’s awesome to see that the technology is so good – it bodes well for the final product’s overall tech/viz effects. I'm assuming this clip is of Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, although the colors are different. Optimus' body color was red. See?


Old Optimus could bring it. No doubt.

UPDATE!! A link from the Thighmaster yesterday (I actually began this post two days ago as an email to Chris in London) gets us to the actual teaser trailer for the film!!! Check it out! It's a Dreamworks production of a Michael Bay film, and I am stoked. This film is gonna rock. Woo Hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home