Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Starry Eyed Surprise

So I got sacked from my job again. I can't believe it. I started at this hedge fund literally the day before the peak of the market (May 8) and got sacked on the day which has proven to be the lowest point of the recent sell off (Aug 2). Talk about crappy timing - seriously, I am almost impressed with my incredibly bad luck. I guess I gotta stop killing those spiders in the apartment... Anyway, the main reason why I got booted is because the biggest investor in the fund pulled out suddenly making paying the rent an issue so costs had to be cut. As the last one in the door, I was the first one shown it again so here I am. So,


By the way, all the market calls I made in the last week I was there have KILLED it. But, obviously that's of no consequence at this point. So, bygones. What's done is done. If any of y'all hear of any great consumer analyst hedge fund opportunities, don't hesitate to call. In fact, more directly, get me on the phone STAT. I gotta get back in the game.

In the meantime, an ad starring this girl and this song (scroll down and listen to song #8, "Starry Eyed Surprise") for this product, entitled "Rollergirl" (scroll to bottom right, "Latest Ads" and then click on "Rollergirl") always makes me feel a little sunnier. How can it not?

So I'm back to the drawing board and hopefully will have more time to chill with you all, my peeps. As Editor in Chief (aka "Guy on the Sofa") of Pedro's NYC, I will try to be more active in the coming days. Hope you are all well! Because as we like to say on the unemployment line, if you haven't got your health, you've got... ahhh, forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home